Skip to Content

$5,000 reward for information leading to arrest of Rochester man’s killer

A 38-year-old Rochester man died two weeks ago Monday after he opened his trailer door at 4 a.m. and someone shot him in the face.

Police are so eager to find Brandon Arndt’s killer that they’re offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to their arrest.

Since the case is still open, police offered few details at a press conference Monday. However, they’re hoping the monetary reward will encourage someone with information to come forward.

"We can’t find a rational explanation as to why Mr. Arndt would have been a murder victim at 4 a.m. on a Monday," said Rochester Police Captain John Sherwin.

He believes someone out there knows something about Arndt’s murder, which is why the department is offering the reward money. "We’re appealing to those people to come forward… asking they contact us and help bring this killer to justice."

Besides not having a suspect, police don’t have a motive as to why someone would kill Arndt in cold blood. "I believe he was targeted. For what reason, I don’t know."

While Capt. Sherwin said someone targeted Arndt, he later admitted that might not be the case. "This could have been a mistake for all we know." When asked to clarify, he said that the suspect could have gone to the wrong trailer or that Arndt was a victim of mistaken identity. 

Police added that there’s no information suggesting Arndt was involved in any sort of criminal activity before his death or that he would have been at risk for such a heinous act.

Investigators have talked with most of the residents at Bob’s Trailer Court in southeast Rochester, none of whom witnessed what happened.

"My investigators are working night and day. They’re losing sleep, waking up in the middle of the night thinking about it," Capt. Sherwin added.

While they continue to figure out Arndt’s killer, the victim’s mother, Norma Hanson, issued a written statement saying in part ,"Brandon had a heart and smile for everyone he met. Whoever did this to Brandon will never know how much they’ve taken." 

Hanson was in the trailer at the time her son was murdered. She called police minutes after she heard a single gunshot, which allowed them to get to the scene within minutes of his murder.


Skip to content