ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) – Rochester firefighters contained a small fire inside a utility room at the Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que restaurant off of Civic Center Drive this morning.
The fire broke out near a water heater around 9 a.m.
It was extinguished upon RFD’s arrival.
Staff say the restaurant will be closed at least through lunchtime today, but possibly longer.
Work is being done to clear out the smoke and fix the water heater.
“At this point, it was all contained to the utility room itself,” said Rochester firefighter Caleb Feine. “So far the restaurant has been shut down. Due to the fire being in the kitchen we’re going to have to have the proper authorities come out and make sure that it’s safe for them to open back up.”
No one was injured from fire.