Skip to Content

A pair of jeans spark a dryer fire at a Kasson laundromat

KASSON, Minn. (KTTC) — First responders were called to The Coin Laundry in Kasson Saturday night, after one of the dryers caught on fire.

Officals say it was a pair of jeans that sparked the flame. The blaze was contained inside one dryer and there was no structure damage

Owner Steven Gronseth says he is thankful for the patron who called the fire in. He also wants to remind customers to take the extra step and be cautious when washing and drying clothing.

“I would keep an eye on it and not just put it in the dryer and walk away and think that’s all you need to worry about because they can do strange things when left alone,” Gronseth said.

He estimates damage will cost roughly $5,000. Gronseth adds he is thankful that no one was hurt.

Beret Leone

Skip to content