Kilat Fitzgerald

Kilat Fitzgerald joined the team at KTTC in November of 2017 as a multimedia journalist and fill-in news anchor after graduating from Winona State University in May of the same year.

While earning his degree in journalism with a minor in theatre arts, Kilat worked at the Winona Daily News as a reporter and occasional photographer. His time in print media taught him how to capture the stories that truly matter, and how to engage members of a community that are affected by them. He was also involved in the campus newspaper where he covered sports and features. Other academic endeavors include winning the University’s Student Film Series contest in 2016, as well as being awarded the journalism capstone award “Certificate of Excellence” in April 2017.

Kilat was born in St. Paul, Minnesota where he lived until he was 10 years old. His middle and high school days were spent in Baldwin-Woodville Wisconsin, where he gained an appreciation for the rural lifestyle. Kilat enjoys the art of acting, boxing, and spending time with his two cats.

kfitzgerald

kfitzgerald

Top Stories

Rochester
18°
Mason City
20°
Albert Lea
18°
Decorah
16°
Austin
19°
Winona
16°
Fog, then sunshine to start the week

Fog, then sunshine to start the week

We're starting the work week today on a gray and murky note with low clouds and thick pockets of fog

Connect With KTTC
MORE NEWS

Canadian Pacific Holiday Train makes several stops throughout Minnesota

The train made its way into Winona and Wabasha before heading to the Twin Cities, bringing holiday cheer to all

A new food shelf brings hope to the Zumbro Falls community

The South Troy Wesleyan Church will officially be serving its community in mid-January with their new food shelf.

Decorah man arrested after high-speed chase, hitting two patrol cars

DECORAH, Iowa (KTTC) –  A high-speed chase in Decorah ends in an arrest and two damaged patrol cars. The Winneshiek

ABC & Toy Zone helps children with special needs visit Santa Claus

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) –  Santa Claus is going the extra mile to make sure every child in Rochester feels special

Rochester businesses come together to remember Tonic owner

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) –  Dozens of local restaurants and businesses are coming together to support a fellow restaurant owner who

Scroll to top