Kilat Fitzgerald

Kilat Fitzgerald joined the team at KTTC in November of 2017 as a multimedia journalist and fill-in news anchor after graduating from Winona State University in May of the same year.

While earning his degree in journalism with a minor in theatre arts, Kilat worked at the Winona Daily News as a reporter and occasional photographer. His time in print media taught him how to capture the stories that truly matter, and how to engage members of a community that are affected by them. He was also involved in the campus newspaper where he covered sports and features. Other academic endeavors include winning the University’s Student Film Series contest in 2016, as well as being awarded the journalism capstone award “Certificate of Excellence” in April 2017.

Kilat was born in St. Paul, Minnesota where he lived until he was 10 years old. His middle and high school days were spent in Baldwin-Woodville Wisconsin, where he gained an appreciation for the rural lifestyle. Kilat enjoys the art of acting, boxing, and spending time with his two cats.

Kilat Fitzgerald

Kilat Fitzgerald

Top Stories

KTTC WEATHER AUTHORITY
Rochester
29°
Mason City
29°
Albert Lea
72°
Decorah
28°
Austin
30°
Winona
59°
Winter Storm For Saturday Night

All eyes are on this weekend and the potential for a wintry mess across southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa! 2 separate storm systems are expected to impact the region starting tonight and lasting through Sunday. Travel conditions will deteriorate across the region for tonight and Saturday and may be treacherous for Saturday night and into Sunday.

Read More »
Connect with KTTC
Top Stories
Scroll to top