ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) — Over the six weeks leading up to Easter, many Christians will seek out a Fish Fry on Friday evening.
It’s one popular solution to the challenge to Fast during Lent and not eat meat on Friday.
All across southeast Minnesota there will be Fish Fry dinners every Friday evening in church basements and meeting halls, American Legion and VFW halls, and restaurants small and large.
What’s your favorite? We’re collecting your thoughts on a favorite fish fry at Facebook page—KTTC TV—and here are some of your favorite spots, what time it starts, price of the meal, and why you think that fish fry is the best.
- Eagles Club Rochester also has a great cod dinner for about 11.99. Not all u can eat but, good portion size.
- VFW Rochester every Friday night from 5-7pm $11 dinner $13 all you can eat! Batter-fried or broil, includes coleslaw, choice of potato, and a dinner roll!
- Whistle Stop, Frontenac, Mn. The Best!!!
- Christ the King in Byron. Hands down the best!
- Pete’s Repeat in Kasson
- BJ’S Bar and Grill in Theilman
- TrailHead Grill in Pine Island! All you can eat fish fry with choice of potato- baked, mashed, fries or tot, coleslaw, breadstick and salad! Best fish! 🐟
- Buckwild in Zumbro Falls
- Knights of Columbus, Medford
Zumbro Falls Golf Club – 20 minutes from Rochester. You get both Batter Fried Cod & Grilled Tilapia.
- Sweet’s Hotel, Leroy! Food is fabulous!
- Absolute best Stewartville American Legion!! 5 to 7 every Friday until Easter.
- Culver’s has the best Cod dinner of all fast food places.
- Tarsillas, Stewartville
- Charlie’s Eatery and Pub! Broiled or battered, all u can eat, 13.99! Great cod pieces!
- Brothers, Rochester
- Catholic church in Byron!
- Franknsteins ❤️🤗in Byron ! All you can eat !! Broiled. Or Thin home battered COD Baked potato or fries and Salad Bar ,soup if you like $13 Also or 2 COD piece basket $9
- Rack’s Bar & Grill Spring Valley. All you can eat from 5-9 battered or broiled.
- The Coffee Mill in Zumbrota! All you can eat cod that includes all you can eat soup and salad bar with your choice of baked potato or potatoes au gratin!
- Pappy’s Place, Rochester
- Daniel’s Restaurant in Kasson MN – fish n chips to die for
- St Michael’s Catholic Church in Pine Island!!!! They have fried and baked!!!
- Shari’s Sport Saloon in Chatfield
- Whiskey Dick’s Eatery and Saloon – Millville
- St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley. This year it’s on March 8th and $10 for adults.
- LADDYS CHESTER IOWA
- Jac’s in Chatfield and Shari’s sport saloon, Chatfield, MN
- St Theodore’s church/school in Albert Lea
- Plainview American Legion. EVERYTHING is all you can eat; Batter fried or baked fish, coleslaw, baked beans, roll, baked potato & french fries. Excellent baked fish. Like that service clubs help with event.
- Church of the Holy Family, Kasson
- Bowling cafe in Preston
- Canadian Honker!!! Walleye and shrimp and its huge tiger shrimp!!
- Good Sport Bar and Grill St. Charles
- The Corner Bar, Goodhue MN
- Golden Harvest Cafe & Bar in Utica
- Burdey’s Cafe, Peterson Mn. The best fish and shrimp. Every Friday. Great pie also.
- Hillside fish house Winona
- Kwik Trip Cafe’s. Caledonia, MN, Dakota/Nodine MN. Exit 267 I-90 4 price fish, two sides ( mash,fry’s, wedged, green beans, bake beans Mac, Potato salad, Cole Slaw and dinner roll. All for $6.99. You can get 2 or 3 price. It’s served 7 days a week.
- Lake City Sportsman’s Club in Lake City is the best!
- Delila’s Cafe in Zumbrota Falls!
- Liberty’s in Red Wing
- Uncle John’s Bar & Grill on Lake Zumbro. All you can eat batter fried fish fry. Wild caught Alaskan Pollock, (Walleye Pollock). With soup and salad bar $12.99.
- Town and Country Cafe in Kellogg!! All you can eat for $9.99 and or Shrimp 🍤 (is the best I’ve had) for $12.99 all you can eat