Red Cross asked to help Pine Island fire victims

PINE ISLAND, Minn. (KTTC) –  Grease on a stove is being blamed for a kitchen fire in Pine Island.

Firefighters were called to a home on the 200 block of 8th Street Southwest around 7 p.m. Tuesday.
When they arrived on scene, heavy smoke was coming from the house. A fire was found in the kitchen and extinguished within ten minutes of arrival.

The upstairs of the home had smoke damage.

Crews remained on the scene for about two hours.

The Red Cross was asked to help the family.

Fire truck lights
KTTC Staff

KTTC Staff

Top Stories

KTTC WEATHER AUTHORITY
Rochester
71°
Mason City
73°
Albert Lea
72°
Decorah
70°
Austin
73°
Winona
59°
Fantastic Friday weather

Our bright and mild weather spell continues today as we round out the workweek with more of the amazingly tranquil, comfortable weather we’ve enjoyed all week long.

Read More »
Connect with KTTC
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content