Man dead likely due to CO poisoning in a Rochester home

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) – A Rochester man likely died from carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday after staying overnight at his brother’s home.

Fire crews arrived to a home on the 1000 block of 11th Street Southeast just before 9 a.m. Thursday.

The fire crew’s CO alarms went off while performing first aid.

According to police, Rodney Hanson, 61, died at his brother’s home after picking up his 70-year-old brother from the hospital Wednesday night following a procedure.

Hanson called his wife to let her know he would stay the night at his brother’s place to keep an eye on him because he was still not feeling well after the hospital procedure.

But the next morning, Hanson died.

His older brother was taken back to the hospital after the carbon monoxide poisoning incident and as of Friday morning, he is listed in good condition.

According to officials, the appliances were original to the home and had likely started to fail.

An autopsy report will provide the exact cause of death.

KTTC Staff

KTTC Staff

Top Stories

KTTC WEATHER AUTHORITY
Rochester
33°
Mason City
33°
Albert Lea
72°
Decorah
36°
Austin
Winona
59°
Feeling Like Spring

High temperatures edged into the 40s today across the region and many of us may be eyeing when we see our first 50 degree day of the year by this weekend! Overall, it is shaping up to be a warmer workweek with perhaps just a slight chance for a few sprinkles for Wednesday afternoon with a better chance of rain showers this weekend!

Read More »
Connect with KTTC
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content